Basically paying the rent on time and in full, ensuring the property is kept in good order and adhering to the terms of the Tenancy Agreement.
When you move in, we would suggest locating the main Water Stop Cock and Fuse Board, in case of emergency. We also suggest taking out Contents Insurance. The Landlord will not be responsible for your personal possessions.
Under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, you are responsible for:
- Promptly reporting defects to us, and to provide access for repairs
- Replacement of batteries in smoke alarms
- Replacement of light bulbs
- Sink and bath plugs
- Keeping floor coverings in reasonable condition, i.e. carpet and vinyl flooring
- Maintaining the garden, where applicable
Should any repairs be required during your tenancy, please contact our office initially – we will be able to notify local contractors to deal with the repair. You will be given emergency telephone numbers for a Plumber/Electrician to contact, if the need arises.
Smoke alarms – you are responsible for testing weekly, vacuuming every 3 months, and replacing the batteries when required. Please note a constant beeping sound emanating from the Smoke Detector indicates that the batteries require replacement.